Frank Langella Biography
Frank Langella is a well-known American actor. Langella is best known for his stage performances, where he has won several Tony Awards, including for his roles in “Seascape,” “Fortune’s Fool,” and “Frost/Nixon.”
Langella has also appeared in numerous films and television shows throughout his career. Some of his notable film roles include Dracula in the 1979 film “Dracula,” Skeletor in the 1987 film “Masters of the Universe,” and Richard Nixon in the 2008 film “Frost/Nixon,” which earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
In addition to his acting career, Langella is also a writer. He has written several books, including his memoir “Dropped Names: Famous Men and Women As I Knew Them” and a novel titled “The Seduction of Joe Tynan.”
Throughout his career, Langella has been recognized for his contributions to the arts. In 2003, he was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame, and in 2013, he was awarded the National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama for his lifetime of contributions to American theater and film.
Read also: Dame Edna- Profile, Real Name, Fun Facts
Frank Langella Age
Frank Langella, who hails from Bayonne, New Jersey, was born on January 1, 1938. He is 85 years of age and marks his birthday on the same date every year.
Frank Langella family
Frank Langella was born to parents Frank A. Langella Sr. and Angelina Langella. He grew up with his sister Daphne Langella. His father is a business executive who was the president of the Bayonne Barrel and Drum Company. Not much information is publicly available about Langella’s family beyond his parents and sister.
Read also: Barry Humphries-Age, Education, Career, Family, Net Worth
Frank Langella Wife
Frank Langella has been married twice. His first wife was Ruth Weil, a costume designer, whom he married in 1977. The couple had two children together. However, they later divorced in 1996.
Langella’s second wife was actress and producer, Whoopi Goldberg. He met her on the set of the film “Eddie” in 1996. The couple dated for several years but broke up in 2000. Despite the breakup, they remained good friends.
Langella has not been publicly linked to anyone since his split from Goldberg, and it is not known if he is currently married or in a relationship.
Read also: Shari Belafonte Bio, Education, Career, Family, Net Worth
Frank Langella Son
Frank Langella has two children, a daughter named Sarah Langella and a son named Frank A. Langella Jr. (also known as Frank Langella III). Apparently, Frank A. Langella Jr. is a writer and film director, and he has directed several short films and music videos. He also wrote and directed a feature film called “The Green” in 2011, which starred his father in a leading role.
Frank Langella Height
Langella is 6 feet 3 inches tall, which is equivalent to 190.5 centimeters.
Frank Langella Death
Frank Langella is still alive and currently appears in the television series “Kidding”. The show was created by Dave Holstein and premiered on Showtime on September 9, 2018. Frank Langella stars in the series alongside Jim Carrey, Judy Greer, Cole Allen, Juliet Morris, and Catherine Keener. The show marks the second collaboration between director and executive producer Michel Gondry and Carrey, who previously worked together on the film “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”. Showtime renewed the series for a second season on October 10, 2018.
Read also: Karen McDougal Bio, Education, Career, Family, Net Worth
Frank Langella Dracula
Frank Langella won his first Tony Award for his role in Edward Albee’s Seascape in 1975. He was also nominated for his performance in the title role of Dracula in the 1977 Broadway production, which was one of his most well-known performances in the early part of his career. Dracula is a stage play that was first written by Hamilton Deane in 1924 and later revised by John L. Balderston in 1927. It is the first authorized adaptation of Bram Stoker’s famous novel Dracula.
Frank Langella Movies
Some of his most notable movie roles include:
- Frost/Nixon (2008) – Langella portrays former US President Richard Nixon in this film, which is based on the real-life interviews that British talk show host David Frost conducted with Nixon in 1977.
- Dracula (1979) – Langella stars as the titular character in this horror film, which is based on Bram Stoker’s novel of the same name.
- Robot & Frank (2012) – In this science-fiction comedy-drama film, Langella plays an elderly ex-jewel thief who receives a robot as a gift from his son.
- Superman Returns (2006) – Langella plays Perry White, the editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet newspaper, in this superhero film.
- Good Night, and Good Luck (2005) – Langella portrays CBS News executive William Paley in this historical drama about journalist Edward R. Murrow’s battle against Senator Joseph McCarthy.
- The Ninth Gate (1999) – In this supernatural thriller film, Langella plays Boris Balkan, a rare book dealer who hires a rare book dealer to find a mysterious tome that is said to contain secrets to summoning Satan.
- Dave (1993) – Langella plays Bob Alexander, the chief of staff to the President of the United States in this political comedy.
Read also: Molly Bair-Model, Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Net Worth
Frank Langella TV Shows
Frank Langella has appeared in several TV shows throughout his career. Some of his well-known television credits include:
- Kidding (2018-2020) – Langella played the role of Sebastian Piccirillo in this Showtime series.
- The Americans (2013-2018) – He portrayed Gabriel, a KGB handler, in this FX series.
- The Americans: The Colonel (2017) – Langella reprised his role as Gabriel in this standalone episode of The Americans.
- The Big C (2010-2013) – He played the role of Paul Jamison in this Showtime series.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2004-2005) – Langella appeared in several episodes of this popular crime drama as Defense Attorney Alfred Wentworth.
- Masters of the Universe: Revelation (2021) – Langella provided the voice for the character of Skeletor in this Netflix animated series.
Frank Langella Net worth
Frank Langella’s net worth was estimated to be around $10 million. However, it’s important to note that his net worths can fluctuate over time based on various factors such as their work projects, investments, and other financial decisions. Langella has had a long and successful career in both film and theater, and he has appeared in numerous high-profile productions throughout his career.
Read also: Ketch Secor Wiki, Age, Wife, Education, Career, Net worth
Frank Langella accuser
In 2019, actress and playwright Sarah Louise Sherman accused Frank Langella of sexual misconduct. Sherman alleged that Langella had sexually assaulted her in 2012, when she was a student in a theater program in which Langella was a teacher. Sherman wrote about the alleged incident in a piece for The Guardian, in which she stated that Langella had kissed her without her consent and touched her inappropriately.
In response to the allegations, Langella issued a statement denying the allegations and stating that he did not remember any incident like the one described by Sherman. Langella also stated that he had always tried to be a supportive and respectful teacher, and that he was saddened and troubled by the accusations.
The accusation against Langella was one of many that were made against prominent figures in the entertainment industry as part of the #MeToo movement, which began in 2017 and aimed to raise awareness of and combat sexual harassment and assault.
Read also: Kelsea Ballerini Bio, Age, Husband and children, Education, Career, Networth