What is Attention deficit/hyperactivity Disorder?
Attention deficit/hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder which mostly affect around 11 percent of school children.
Symptoms of Attention deficit/hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD symptoms vary from active behaviors, impulsivity and inventiveness.
- Difficulty in following instructions
- Forgetfull in daily activities
- Finds it difficult to organize things
- One finds it difficult to sustain attention
- One finds it difficult to get engaged in activities silently
- Talking excessively
- Causes interruption
- One appear to fidget with hands
- One finds it difficult to remain seated
The symptoms affect people differently and diagnosis requires a professional who will be able to notice the severity of the disorder which can change with time especially with presentation where severity can be either mild, moderate or severe. Whereby
Mild– is where during diagnosis few symptom a more than the required number are visible
Moderate– This is where fictional impairment are visible and are between mild and severe.
Severe – This is where during diagnosis the symptoms are visible above the required for diagnosis.
As time goes by the symptoms may reduce at times may even change and some maybe retained from childhood
Causes of ADHD
The exact cause of ADHD is not known but researchers say that there is a possibility of:
Genetic link as the disorder can run in families and can be inherited. ADHD is also said to be a complex disorder as it results from multiple interacting genes.
- Premature child birth
- Early childhood exposure to pesticides
- Injury of the brain
These are to the exact causes of ADHD but are just factors that may lead to.
Treatment of ADHD
There is no treatment for ADHD but there are only treatments to help manage the disorder like
- Non-stimulants to those who have effects from stimulants they can be lntuniv, Strarrera or Qelbree to help regulate the emotions and can also improve focus especially on specific tasks.
- Antidepressants which help improve moods and attention which can be Wellbutrin like bupropion.
- Psycho stimulants which affects the brain neurotransmitters and help increase alertness and also boost energy and the include amphetamines like Adderall.