What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a golden yellow spice that contains curcumin which is an ingredient with medicinal value. It’s used as pain reliever. Other than its benefits it has side effects on human body.
Read also: Recipe: How to cook Corned Beef at home
Tumeric Health benefits
- Tumeric help in digestion as it since it’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- It helps to increase the functioning of the liver as it helps to fight the toxins that damage the liver
- Reduces the chances of getting cancer most especially the prostate cancer, myloma and pancreatic cancer
- It acts as a pain release for most especially those with arthritis in the one as they take a dosage of turmeric capsules.
- It reduce inflamation and promotes healing in specified diseases
- It’s also used for treatment if irritating bowel syndrome treatment
- With it’s turmerone help in treatment of stroke
- Help protect the body against allergies
- Help in boosting memory
- Reduce aging signs
Tumeric Side Effects
- In the blood stream it leads to thinning of the blood and can therefore blessing hiigh level of bleeding and this is risky with pregnant women.
- If taken in large amount it can upset the stomach as it stimulates the stomach to produce more gastric acid
- It limits iron absorption and one should not be taken if one is taking iron supplements
- If taken in large amount can lead to increased urinary exolate level
- It can also lead to increased risk of formation of kidney stone.
Recipe from Tumeric
Ground turmeric is used as a major ingredient of carry powder, used in teas, and are used to die food as one of the spices in making food delicious and gives the food a good aroma.