Biography of Prof. George Magoha
Prof. George Albert Omore Magoha (born in 1952), was the former cabinet secretary to Ministry of Education during President Uhuru administration. Prior to becoming a cabinet secretary, he was the man in charge of Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) from 2016 to 2019.
Additionally, he served as a vice chancellor of University of Nairobi. He was an astute academic administrator and a consultant surgeon. He served as a technocrat and cabinet secretary during transition of Kenya education system from 8.4.4 to Competent Based Curriculum (CBC).
On January 24, 2023, Prof. Magoha passed on after a short illness.
Quick Facts about the Late Prof. George Magoha
- Full name: George Albert Omore Magoha
- Popular name: Prof. George Magoha
- Place of birth: Kisumu
- Date of birth: 1952
- Date of death: 24th January 2023
- Age at death: 71 years old
- Cause of death: Cardiac arrest
- Occupation/Profession: Former Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Education, Consultant Urologist, and Professor of medicine at the University of Nairobi and Maseno University
The early life, age and family of the late Prof. George Albert Omore Magoha
The late prof. Magoha was born in 1952 at Kisumu. However, he moved to Nairobi with his elder brother due to his asthma condition. Not much is known about his family.
Education Journey of Prof. George Magoha
Prof. Magoha started his education journey at Gem, Kisumu. However, after relocating to Nairobi with his elder brother, he joined Dr David Livingstone Primary School where he completed his primary school. Magoha later joined Starehe Boys where he completed his O level.