Biography of Jeremiah Nyegenye
Mr. Jeremiah Nyegenye is the Advocate of the High Court and is also a certified secretary as well. He was among the people who drafted the 2010 constitution. Mr. Nyeegenye took part in the formation of the National Assembly as well as The Senate. He is the current Senate Clerk.
Mr. Jeremiah Nyegenye Education background
Having completed his primary and secondary education Mr. Nyegenye joined the University of Nairobi for further studies taking a Bachelor in Law degree and a Masters of Law. He then joined the Kenya School of Law for his Diploma in Law. Jeremiah then proceeded to the University of London for a Certificate in Legislative Drafting.
At the International Institute, New Orleans and the International Legislative Drafting Institute, he advanced his legal studies.
Mr. Jeremiah Nyegenye Career Journey
Mr. Jeremiah began his career as a lecturer based at the institutes of higher learning and as a private practitioner. He then worked at the office of the Attorney General as Parliamentary Counsel.
Thereafter he was the programme officer working for the Constitution of Kenya Review Commission. He was then the Secretary to the Committee of Eminent Persons on the Review of the Constitution of Kenya and Legislative Drafting.
Jeremiah has worked for the government as a consultant. In addition, Mr. Jeremiah has not only worked in Kenya but in other parts of Africa as a whole.
He took part in the drafting of the 2010 constitution which had been initially proposed in 2005. Additionally, he served as the Director of legal services from 2007 after taking part in the establishment of the National Assembly.
He served in that office up to the 11th of October the year 2012 whe he joined the Senate as a clerk and as a secretary to the Parliamentary service commission.
Currently, he is an Advocate at the High Court of Kenya. He is also a member of the following organizations:
- Certified secretary; East African Law Society
- The Commonwealth Association of Legislative Counsel
- Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists
- Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya.
- He was the first to exercise the chairperson of the Africa Colloquium of Legal Counsel to parliaments.
Mr. Jeremiah’s Role as a Clerk of The Senate
- He oversees the day-to-day activities of the Senate
- He was also the secretary to the parliamentary service commission.
- He served also the role of The Chief Executive Officer of the Parliamentary service.