NTSA TIMS Account is among the wider government initiatives to move government services online. Of late, the government is moving away from physical service delivery. Where the physical presence of the client is required the government has centrally placed its services. Huduma centers are now the physical service delivery points.
The National Transport Authority (NTSA) is not an exception to these developments. Through its NTSA Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) Account, you do have to go to NTSA offices for a service. First, what is TIMS and its capability?
Read also: How to get a Smart Driving License in Kenya
What is NTSA TIMS
Transport Integrated Management System popularly known as TIMS is an NTSA online platform system where NTSA clients can access various services.
As a registered TIMS Account user you can access the following services from the comfort of your seat;
- Apply for Vehicle inspection
- Make a Duplicate Logbook application
- Car Registration
- Change of particulars
- Make a Reflective Number Plate application
- Transfer of car ownership
- Online car searches using either the registration number or the chassis number
- Apply for a Driving license
The question then is how do you register as a user of the NTSA account?
Read also: Causes of motor vehicle accidents
NTSA Account registration requirements
- Internet access
- ID serial number
- KRA Pin for corporates
- An active mobile number
How to register an NTSA TIMS account
With the above requisites, you can comfortably register as a user of NTSA TIMS account. Below is a step-by-step registration process.
- On your browser go to National Transport and Safety Authority (ntsa.go.ke) Website.
- Select a service of your choice (Driver testing & licensing, Vehicle Registration or Motor vehicle inspection). NTSA citizen self-service portal will open.
- Look for the blue sign-in button and just below it, there is a register button.
- Click on the Register button. An online form will pop up. Select your appropriate user category.
- Fill in the requested details and verify.
- Proceed to fill in your details to completion. Ensure you click on Subscribe SMS at the top right-hand side of your screen to receive a security code every time you open your account or during any transaction.
- Click here to log in or check if you have been registered successfully.
- Input your verification code and proceed.
Read also: Cost and types of vehicle insurance in Kenya
Who are eligible to register for the NTSA TIMS account
- Motor vehicle deals
- Financial institutions
- Driving Schools
TIMS account is NTSA service anywhere and within your reach. Register to gain the benefits.
Read also: Why you need motor insurance